Over the 8-month duration, the participants are immersed in community issues and challenges that we position ourselves to directly address in the areas of Reinventing Community, Telling our Story, Serving our Community, Building for Jobs, Workforce Connectivity and Small Business and Entrepreneurship. The program challenges each participant not only to be an effective and influential leader within their own organization, but to lead within our greater community through personal commitment and involvement.
Diversity Statement: Leadership Catawba is committed to identifying and nurturing leaders who reflect the diversity represented in our businesses and in the greater community. We recognize the positive relationship between diversity and a thriving economy and therefore are intentional in our efforts to recruit, grow, and support leaders from diverse ethnic, racial, gender, socioeconomic, and professional backgrounds. We strive for inclusiveness in our programming, class participation, advisory board leadership, and community partnerships and actively seek to include individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. We encourage business leaders to consider all aspects of diversity when recommending individuals for participation in Leadership Catawba.
Leadership Catawba Quick Facts:
- Leadership Catawba pulls together people of diverse backgrounds and experiences who have demonstrated leadership potential throughout our community.
- The program kicks off in August with a half-day orientation and a full-day team building retreat.
- Each participant graduates with approximately 16 hours of situational leadership training from a diverse array of community leaders and contracted consultants.
- Leadership Catawba participants receive a full PXT Select Leadership Report and full post analysis. (Value $250)
- Participants are challenged to organize and execute a group project that directly addresses a critical issue our county is facing aimed at making a sustainable impact.
- The program concludes with a special Graduation Luncheon where each participant will receive a certificate.
Enrollment for 2020-21 Leadership Catawba will open in June 2020.