Upcoming EMPOWERMENT@Work Events
August 2020 – March 2021
2020-21 Leadership Catawba Information Packet
Since 1974, Leadership Catawba has educated and equipped hundreds of Catawba County residents with information about the social, economic and political dynamics of our community. The program challenges each participant not only to be an effective and influential leader within their own organization, but to lead within our greater community through personal commitment and involvement.
Over the 8-month duration, participants are immersed in community issues and challenges that we position ourselves to directly address in the areas of Reinventing Community, Telling our Story, Serving our Community, Building for Jobs, Workforce Connectivity and Small Business and Entrepreneurship. The program challenges each participant not only to be an effective and influential leader within their own organization, but to lead within our greater community through personal commitment and involvement.
Diversity Statement: Leadership Catawba is committed to identifying and nurturing leaders who reflect the diversity represented in our businesses and in the greater community. We recognize the positive relationship between diversity and a thriving economy and therefore are intentional in our efforts to recruit, grow, and support leaders from diverse ethnic, racial, gender, socioeconomic, and professional backgrounds. We strive for inclusiveness in our programming, class participation, advisory board leadership, and community partnerships and actively seek to include individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. We encourage business leaders to consider all aspects of diversity when recommending individuals for participation in Leadership Catawba.
Leadership Catawba Quick Facts:
- Leadership Catawba pulls together thirty-five business and community leaders of diverse backgrounds and experiences who have demonstrated leadership potential throughout our community.
- The program kicks off in August with a half-day orientation and a full-day team building retreat.
- Each participant graduates with approximately 16 hours of situational leadership training from a diverse array of community leaders and contracted consultants.
- Leadership Catawba participants receive a full PXT Select Leadership Report and full post analysis. (Value $250)
- Participants are challenged to organize and execute a group project that directly addresses a critical issue our county is facing aimed at making a sustainable impact.
- The program concludes with a special Graduation Luncheon in March 2021.
Applications have closed for the 2020-21 cohort. Should you be interested in the 2021-22 Leadership Catawba cohort, please contact Kim Dahlsten, Vice President of Operations.
2020-21 Leadership Catawba Sponsors: