K-64 is a systemic approach to shaping future careers and meeting workforce demands by connecting students and employers throughout the educational curriculum. K-64 increases student and employer engagement in educational programs proven to prepare a qualified workforce by:
- Collaborating with employers to align courses of study with workforce needs.
- Connecting students to real-world careers and related curriculum choices from early on.
- Empowering adults to enhance employability in a dynamic work environment.
What K-64 Will Accomplish
- Short-Term: Increased student and employer participation in real-world educational pathways designed to meet workforce needs.
- Mid-Range: More local jobs filled in targeted industries as a result of educational alignment.
- Long-Term: A seamless, demand-driven, replicable education system that consistently cultivates a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce ready to fill local jobs and help drive the economy.