The Furniture Academy at CVCC prepares students for high demand jobs in the furniture industry. It is an industry-driven training program designed by local furniture manufacturers to prepare students for skilled positions that are in high demand by one of the region’s largest employers.
We have two very highly regarded Furniture Academies: Catawba Valley Furniture Academy, which started in 2014 and the Alexander Furniture Academy, which started in the summer of 2016.
- Explore Specific Career Paths: Plant tours, career previews, and assessments help students determine best career options.
- Hands-on Training: Students acquire critical skills through hands-on training in our simulated furniture manufacturing facility.
- Quality Instruction: Learn from experienced craftsmen from our local industries.
- High Pay/High Demand Jobs: Train for lucrative career opportunities today.
- Furniture Fundamentals
- Pattern Making
- Manual Cutting
- Automated Cutting
- Introduction to Upholstery
- Spring Up
- Inside Upholstery
- Outside Upholstery