As your Chamber continues to further lean in as the lead advocate for business regarding local, state and federal policy issues impact business in Catawba County, we are thrilled to announce the addition of Brian Francis, Founder of Francis Consulting Services, as our Public Policy Consultant.
We would like to express a special thanks to the Legislative Taskforce Co-Chairs, Michael McNally & John Teeter, Chamber Board Chairwoman Dedra Flournoy & Chamber Board members for vetting the idea and having the foresight to make this investment to add long-term value for our partners.
No doubt, the Chamber has made strides over the last several years, however, we believe this engagement is the extra bandwidth & expertise we need as an organization to take our Advocacy program to the next level.
Initial Legislative Objectives:
– Our Legislative Agenda paints in bold strokes what we’d like to see at the local state and national level. Francis will work alongside the Chamber’s Legislative Taskforce & Keisler to refine the document to both articulate our guiding principles and identify specific goals we want to achieve.
– Francis will work with the Chamber to build relationships with elected officials so the we are the undisputed and loud voice for business in Catawba County.
– Provide regular ‘Advocacy@Work Updates’ to cut through the noise and make sure our partners know what policy decisions impact their businesses and how we collectively can influence them.
Meet Brian Francis:
– More than 20 years in public policy and political work
– Previously on staff with the organization formally known as the Charlotte Chamber as VP for Public Policy
– Founded Francis Consulting Services that helps businesses and organizations communicate their message to achieve their goals, especially in the government arena
Chamber partners are invited to opt-in to receive the weekly “Advocacy@Work Video Updates” – this email will be sent specifically to this communication list each Friday, beginning on September 10th, and will contain pro-business advocacy alerts to keep those subscribed updated on local, state and federal legislation.
Public Policy Consultant
The Chamber of Catawba County
Thank you for your continued leadership & engagement on behalf of The Chamber of Catawba County and our business community.
Working for business,
Your Chamber Team
Join the conversation on Social Media!